CAKES.LK is a marketplace where you can purchase cakes directly from sellers around Sri Lanka. Whether you are looking for Wedding Cakes or Birthday Cakes or Custom made cakes, we want you to have a positive experience shopping on CAKES.LK. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a buyer.
Understanding CAKES.LK’s Limitations as a Venue
CAKES.LK provides a venue for buyers to find, learn about, and enter into transactions with sellers around Sri Lanka. It is important to note, however, that CAKES.LK is not a part of that transaction. By shopping on CAKES.LK, you understand that:
01) You are not buying directly from CAKES.LK, but from one of the many talented sellers on CAKES.LK;
02) CAKES.LK does not pre-screen sellers and therefore does not guarantee or endorse any items sold on CAKES.LK or any content posted by sellers (such as photographs or language used in listings or shop policies); and
03) Each seller on CAKES.LK accepts different payment methods and has their own processing times, shipping methods, and shop policies.
As a member of the community, you have the opportunity to let us know the itesm or the shop that violates any of CAKES.LK’s policies.
Purchasing an Item on CAKES.LK
When you buy from a shop on CAKES.LK, you’re directly supporting an independent business, each with its unique listings, policies, processing times, and payment systems. By making a purchase from a seller on CAKES.LK, you agree that you:
01) Have read the item description and shop policies before making a purchase;
02) Have submitted appropriate payment for item(s) purchased; and
03) Have provided accurate shipping information to the seller.
Leaving a Review of an Item
Reviews are a great way to learn about a seller’s items and reputation, help good sellers build a strong reputation, or help warn other buyers about a poor experience.
You can leave a review, including a one to five star rating
By leaving a review, you acknowledge that:
01) Your review and profile information will be publicly displayed on the seller’s listing and review pages.
02) Reviews may not:
a. Contain private information;
b. Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
c. Contain prohibited medical drug claims;
d. Contain advertising or spam;
e. Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, Cakes.lk or a third party; or
f. Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
03) Extortion is not allowed on CAKES.LK. Any attempt to manipulate reviews through threats, intimidation, or bribery is considered extortion and is strictly prohibited on CAKES.LK. Examples of extortion include the following:
a. A buyer leaves a negative review in an attempt to force the seller into providing additional items that were not agreed upon in the original transaction.
b. A buyer leaves a negative review in an attempt to force the seller into providing a refund when a refund is not warranted.
Shilling is not allowed on CAKES.LK. Shilling is the fraudulent inflation of a shop’s reputation by use of an alternate account. The intent of shilling is to make a seller look more desirable by increasing the shop’s number of sales and overall review score. Not only does it violate our core value of transparency, but it is considered to be a deceptive business practice by the Trade Commission. Reviews must reflect the honest, unbiased opinions, findings, beliefs, or experience of the buyer.
Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of CAKES.LK, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content, like usernames, Convos, text and photos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
1) Abusive, threatening, defamatory, or harassing;
2) Obscene or vulgar;
3) In violation of someone else’s privacy or intellectual property rights; or
4) False, deceptive, or misleading.
Reporting a Problem with an Order or Returning an Item
CAKES.LK’s Case System
Although CAKES.LK is not directly involved in a transaction between a buyer and a seller, we provide a case system in the unlikely event your purchase from a seller does not go as expected. You can send a mail to CAKES.LK to come to a resolution with the seller in the event of a non-delivery, or if an item you receive is not as described in the listing.
A Non-Delivery occurs when a buyer places an order and submits payment, but the seller does not ship the item or does not ship the item to the correct address. The following are examples of Non-Delivery cases:
1) An item was never sent.
2) An item was sent to an address that is not on the CAKES.LK receipt or was not verified through convos
3) There is no proof that the item was shipped to the buyer’s address.
An item is Not as Described if it is materially different from the seller’s listing description or photos. Here are a few examples of Not as Described cases:
1) The item received is a different color, model, version, or size.
2) The item has a different design or material.
3) The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
4) A buyer purchased three items but only received two.
5) The condition of the item is misrepresented. For example, the description at the time of purchase said the item was “Birthday Cake” and the item is Wedding Cake.
Not as Described cases can also be sent via email. In order to qualify as “Not-as-Described”, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
1) The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
2) A deadline was agreed upon by the buyer and seller.
3) The item(s) are rendered useless after that date.
The following are not eligible for CAKES.LK’s case system:
1) Items that have been purchased in person
2) Transactions where payment is not made through CAKES.LK’s Direct Checkout payment platform
3) Items that are returned without a return agreement
4) Items that have been damaged, partially eaten or sliced after receiving them
5) Physical or tangible items that are not available for return because they have been destroyed or discarded by the buyer
6) Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to shipping delays
7) Cancelled transactions that have already resulted in a refund
Requesting a Cancellation
Only sellers may cancel transactions. Buyers may request that a seller cancel an order via email.
Returning an Item
Each seller has his or her own return policies, which should be outlined in their Shop Policies. Not all sellers accept returns.